Sunday, 17 October 2010

Nearing the end

Here I am at the end of October with just over 24 hours to go before I start my journey home. I have still not blogged much. I am back in Quito after spending a week in Galapagos (more about that latger). I arrived in Quito at the beginning of the month and spent two weeks in and around the area - Ecuador is a really wonderful place ...full of variety from volcanos to jungle to cloud forest. You can be any one of them all in one day!
This journey has been wonderful.... different from the last that I have done quite a bit less solo travelling with three weeks with my brother John and his familiy, two weeks on the Amazon with Earthwatch, and now a week on a boat around the Galapagos. I have nevertheless had my adventures: scary bus rides in the Northern Highlands of Peru, mountain biking down Cotopaxi volcano and whizzing over the cloud forest canopy on a high wire. I am now trying to prepare myself mentally for the sedate life of winter in Brill. Will have to plan some Christmas parties immediately.

So I have now posted a couple of bits of writing that I have had on my computer for a while waiting for an opportunity to get loaded onto the blog with pictures. Yes, I have been clicking away though I had to buy a new lense as various things went wrong with my normal lense. It has been rather frustrating but I still think I have managed to capture some goodies. What I fail to do is to take pictures of myself .... people offer but I am usually holding my SLR and they find that daunting. So here are a few that have been taken of me - all hideous but it proves that I was there!







No comments:

Post a Comment