Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Here I am at the end/bottom of the world. Boarding the ship tomorrow but had a day out in the countriside of Tierra del Fuego watching birds along the Bealge Channel. So able to test out which pocket I keep gloves, hat, sunglasses, binoculars etc in. will no doubt get a proper system going soon.

There are some SERIOUS birders on this trip with some SERIOUS equipment ...leaves me gawping. However, highlight of the day was seeing two condor near a nest. Slowly circling about: 10 ft wing span, thier 8 finger feathers on each wing are about 16 inches long. Loads of other brids which I hope I will be competent in identifying by the time I get back.

Yet to meet my 'boat' room mate as she only arrives tonight......
That's all for now until I get back to dry land.
Hasta luego mis amigos!

3 comments:

  1. Bonne Chance Alice - and welcome to the other side of the world - near my side ! I guess you will not be able to read this till you are back on terra firma - but shall be thinking of you and those birds till then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be back on terra firma by now - welcome!! I look forward to your next posting. X Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that was close. Glad to hear that you're safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete