Monday, 14 December 2009

Counting Down

In two week's time I will be the other side of the world.... at least at the bottom of the world. If all goes smoothly I will be in a hotel in Ushuaia, Tierra del fuego, Argentina meeting up with all the other passengers of the M/V Polar Star with whom I will be spending the next four weeks.

Having been focussed on getting things sufficiently sorted out at work and home to make a break for 3 months, I find it hard to believe that it is about to happen. I shall be so relieved once I am on the plane and there is not more planning to do.

It has been great that so many friends have wished me well and want to hear all about my travels. So, I have braved the whole new world of blogging to set this up so that once I get back off the boat (24th Jan) I will get into the flow of posting the odd report or two so you can all follow a bit of what I am doing. Might even be proficient enough to add a picture of a penguin or two!!

So... this is the start ...

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Alice!!! Got out there! I'll be reading this with strict regularity...happy trails.
    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, this is fab, can't wait to see those penguins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice!! Fantastic!! well done dear friend - I am your greatest fan - BON COURAGE for this last week in the UK - I am so sorry to miss you - but can't wait to follow the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice

    Great job on getting the blog up and running so fast. If we don't catch you tomorrow - have a great time -we'll be looking out for your postings. Hug a penguin for us! and have a ball.
    Lots of love

    Miranda & Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola mi amiga! Parece que to lo pases muy bien. Pienso mucho en ti y en lo que haces. Espero que el resto del viaje sea fenomenal tambien. Un abrazo. Diane

    ReplyDelete